A good night's sleep in a lighthouse keeper's cottage
The old lighthouse keeper's cottages have been carefully renovated and today contain cosy, bright rooms with sea views. Both buildings also have pleasant, well-equipped kitchens with plenty of room for socialising. There is also plenty of space outdoors for eating or simply to sit and enjoy the view – because on Nidingen, everyone wants to be outdoors. There are also barbecues for those who want to both prepare and eat their food outside.
Weekend package with friends
Groups of up to 18 people can book weekend packages every weekend from April to September. You get to relax with your best friends far from the stress of the mainland. The package includes the rigid inflatable trip, the lighthouse keeper's cottages, lighthouse, coffee and a guided tour.
If you don't want to have to worry about food, we can provide Barbecue and Breakfast packages. Ring us for more details.
Day trip summer / Day trip
You can also sleep on the island during the week in the summer period. You can combine our scheduled trips with accommodation and pay per person. Or of course you can simply choose a day trip.
For more information, see under Prices/Timetable.
The two yellow stone houses have a total of 12 beds for our guests. The larger house, built in 1832, has 8 beds divided over 3 rooms. The smaller house, built in 1852, has 4 beds divided over 2 rooms. There are basic toilet facilities in both buildings for night time. In the daytime, you can use the picturesque outdoor toilet.
There are also 4 seperate bedrooms in an annex that can be used when groups are larger than 12 p.
Tips for staying on the island
• A maximum of 18 people can stay on Nidingen.
• Pack food in hard or soft cool bags, not just in plastic bags.
• Access to a cosy lighthouse is included in the weekend package.
• Take shoes that are easy to remove, as we would prefer you not to wear them indoors.
• Remember to take bedlinen and hand towels (including kitchen towels).
• Cleaning equipment and products are available on site.
• When cleaning, please follow the cleaning instructions in the buildings.
• Take charcoal with you if you want to barbecue.
• Everything you take with you to the island must be brought back.
• There is fresh water on the island.
• Please respect the ornithologists who live on the island during the week; they get up before sunrise.